Monday, July 2, 2012

Starting the Tea

            WOW! I am finally writing on this blog.  I started this a year ago when I first moved with my family on faith and a prayer.  My husband was unemployed for four months and we expanded our options to find a job eight hours away from home.  It was a hard choice and it meant that I was leaving behind a job I loved, a community that I had found a place in and a home that we owned.  With the economy though, we did what we had to do. 

           Now we live in a town that is as far away from civilization as can be.  We have had to learn to tighten our belt, because I no longer work.  The school system here doesn't compare to the one that we were used to so I began homeschooling for the first time.  I have had to change my world with the move.  I am a very social person, but I don't speak spanish, which is the primary language around here.

            So I started this blog to reach out to others; to share similiar challenges; to celebrate successes; to share survival secrets, recipes and advice.  I love the idea that throughout history and cultures, people have come together over a cup of tea to share life.  So please grab a cup of tea (hot or cold; spiced or plain, your choice) and join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment