Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pet peeves

Amazing how quick things can change.  I have been looking for a house for the family to move to and we now have two prospects after almost a year with none.  However, having a pet has not helped the situation.  I wish people would take responsibility for their pets.  It is hard to find a landlord who will either allow a pet or not charge an arm and a leg extra deposit for the pet.  I just don't understand.  Puppies and kittens are cute, but so are babies.  They all grow up.  If you truly love your pet, you should have it fixed, keep up on its shots, potty train it, pay attention to it, etc.  Having a dog tied up in the back yard is not having a dog.  That is having an alarm that eats.  Allowing your cat to take over the furniture isn't loving your cat.  Who would allow their children to destroy the inside of the fridge and call it love? Who would put their children in the back yard all day and night and just visit when dropping off today's meal?  Although a pet shouldn't out shine any human in the household, the pet should be a functioning part of the family.  We have a black toy poodle named "Kirby."  He tends to clean up the floors like a vacuum cleaner.  He is hypoalergenic and so good with everybody.  He may bark to let us know that someone is at the door, but he is no alarm.  He is my youngest daughters best friend.  He is the only sibling that she has since she is so much younger than her siblings, who are all grown.  He is also really good with my grandkids.  That dog can take a licking and keep on ticking.  Well, I just wanted to voice my frustrations.  I hope that if you have a pet,  you take care of it.  I wish neutering and spaying was free for all pets.  It would solve a lot of issues.  I'm  not against breeding pets, but I am against randomness because puppies and kittens are so cute.  Don't get a pet if you don't want to be responsible for the pet.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! If you have a pet you should take care of it! I dont agree with tying a dog up in your yard is okay either. I look forward to getting done with college so I can have the finances and back yard play area for a dog. Great posts! Cant wait to read what else you put up! :)Hey you should put a follow (the other one, not just by email)so that your posts will show up better for me to actually follow you efficiently :) LOL

    ReplyDelete